Self portrait. Not a word that really thrills me. But I thought it was time that I tried to do one. I wanted to have a picture of me to put on my Flickr page instead of using Em's picture. I follow a bunch of photography blogs and one in particular that I just love. Miz Boo (Donna Boucher) is my favorite and her pictures are just beautiful. She talked about how it is important for those of us that love to take pictures but hate to be in them really need to make a conscious effort to put ourselves in front of the camera as well. We might not be happy with how we look but our friends and family love us. They know how we look and love us anyway. Years from now they will appreciate that they have pictures with us in it and not be so focused on how we look (after all, as I said...they already know how we look, they see us all the time). So this year I am going to try to be in more pictures with my daughter and not just always be the photographer. I'll include the link for Miz Boo on the side under blogs I like.
(As for the hat...I can never find a hat that I think looks good on but I found this one at Kohl's as well as another one that doesn't completely squash my hair when it's snowing. I was pretty excited.)
2 comments:
nice self! :)
Laurie -
How weird is it that I have that exact same camera strap?! Gotta love Etsy:)
I have a D40 - I bought the AF-S DX NIKKOR 35 mm f/1.8G it was $199 at my local camera store.
Post a Comment